Before you take him from me, just-
1. Remind him of how much you love him. Remind him a lot. He forgets how special he is.
2. There are going to be many, many nights where his eyes are so sad, but he won’t cry. Please notice that he is sad. Look him in the eyes and kiss him. Take the pain away.
3. Hold him. He likes to be held, too. There have been times where he was so broken inside that I could feel myself putting his bones back together as I hugged him tight.
4. Kiss his neck. Kiss his neck when you want to turn him on and when you are winding down. Either way, it’s his favorite.
5. On nights where he goes out with his friends, he’s going to drink too much. He’s going to stumble into the house and call you immediately. Answer the phone and listen to him slur a series of breathy “I love you“‘s into the phone. Realize how lucky you are to be the only thing on his mind while there were tons of girls throwing themselves at him at the party he just left.
6. Go to the beach with him. Even if you hate it. If you want to see him truly happy, spend the day in the water with him.
7. He doesn’t like speaking about his father. But if it ever comes up in conversation, it will not be positive. Just listen. Tell him it’s okay when he starts rambling about how much he resents him. Tell him you love him.
8. Laugh at his stupid jokes. Those are what you will miss most when he’s gone, trust me.
9. Please realize how lucky you are. Listen, loving him is not easy, I know. But God, it is so worth it.
To the next girl (via myheartin—words)